The twenty-seven (27), or so, Al-Anon and Alateen meetings (in both English and Spanish) in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley areas make-up District 8. District 8 is part of Southern California World Service (SCWS) also know as Area 4.
Each month, at the District 8 meeting, your Group Representative (GR) is assigned to take back to their meeting specific information to share with the group. Some of these items are linked from the Home Page News. Below are the current "Take Back to Your Meeting" announcements.
News for June and July 2017
- District Literature position needed. Responsibilities may include keeping an inventory of newcomer packets and talk about one piece of CAL literature during District Meeting.
- Distribute the Save the Date bookmarks for the convention at your weekly meetings. More raffle prize donations, food donations are needed and volunteers for set-up and clean-up. Convention registration will be available online by 7/1/17. Cost is $40.
- Announce at every meeting that there is a Speaker Meeting every second Saturday of the month, and have fliers available. If you need more fliers or have questions, contact Monica at (805) 395-0108.
- Saturday Spanish meeting at First Congregational Church has changed the meeting day to Fridays from 6:30 - 8:30pm.
- Thursday Spanish meeting in Carpinteria has changed location. The meeting is now at 1110 Vallecito Rd, Carpinteria, CA 93013, behind Rusty's Pizza.
Save the Dates
- July 22, 2017 - Al-Anon Convention Fundraiser
- August 19, 2017 - Al-Anon Picnic
- October 13 - 15, 2017 - AA Convention with Al-Anon and Alateen Participation