The twenty-seven (27), or so, Al-Anon and Alateen meetings (in both English and Spanish) in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley areas make-up District 8. District 8 is part of Southern California World Service (SCWS) also know as Area 4.
Each month, at the District 8 meeting, your Group Representative (GR) is assigned to take back to their meeting specific information to share with the group. Some of these items are linked from the Home Page News. Below are the current "Take Back to Your Meeting" announcements.
News for May and June 2017
- District Literature position needed. Responsibilities may include keeping an inventory of literature and during district meeting talk about one piece of literature.
- GR's, please announce the monthly Saturday Speaker Meeting at your weekly meetings during announcements, as the meeting could use more support. Attendance has been low. Please be sure that flyers are available for the speaker meeting. If you need more flyers or have questions contact Monica at (805) 395-0108.
- Picnic is posted on the website.
- Group reps may decide the timing for fundraising requests at their individual Meetings, but Al-Anon convention envelopes should not be distributed until July.
Save the Dates
- June 17, 2017 - Al-Anon Higher Power Workshop
- July 22, 2017 - Al-Anon Convention Fundraiser
- August 19, 2017 - Al-Anon Picnic
- October 13 - 15, 2017 - AA Convention with Al-Anon and Alateen Participation