Chat live with other teens in any of the scheduled meetings! Young people aged 13 to 18 who have been affected by someone else’s drinking are invited to share experience, strength and hope with other teens.
Alateen Chat Safety
The Alateen chat rooms are administered by the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., and hosted by Areas (states/provinces) in our U.S./Canada structure. The meetings are the only online meetings eligible to use the Alateen name. Safety features include:
- Teens aged 13 to 18 can register to attend the Alateen chat meetings.
- Alateen registration is required, with a valid email address.
- Once registered, teens can use their screen name and password to access meetings in all of the Alateen chat rooms.
- Each chat room is hosted by one of the Areas (state/province), and the chat meetings' Alateen Group Sponsors are certified Al-Anon Members Involved in Alateen Service (AMIAS) from that Area.
- Two Alateen Group Sponsors are present for each meeting.
- The Alateen sharings are screened by the Alateen Group Sponsors. This happens very quickly, with no delay; the Sponsors make sure that no personal information or inappropriate language is used in the room.
- Adult Al-AnonÂ members should contact their Area Alateen Coordinator for information on their Area’s participation in the Alateen chat meetings.