The twenty-eight (28), or so, Al-Anon and Alateen meetings (in both English and Spanish) in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley areas make-up District 8. District 8 is part of Southern California World Service (SCWS) also know as Area 4.
Please read these notes during your meetings - Do not read phone numbers. Please place this where members can get the information after meeting (this will take less than 2 minutes to read).
News for February 2020
- Alternate District Representative (ADR): For more info, contact District Rep, Larry B. @ 805-705-8787
- Al-Anon convention Chairs & Co-Chairs needed. Various positions available. Meetings are the 3nd Thursday of every month 6-7pm at Mulligans Café - 1st meeting is February 20. Contact Convention Chair, Johnny O. @ 805-448-4326.
- Info-Line Coordinator: Easy Service - can do all remote, Contact Jeanne @ 805-729-0695.
- Institutions: Our District needs volunteers: Please call John L. @ 805-705-1055
- 5 Bath (Cottage Hospital) - Mondays from 6:30-7:30 pm
- Casa Serena - 4th Monday of the month, 6:15-6:45 pm
- Public Outreach Coordinator: Make contact with professionals to communicate the Al-Anon principles - for more details, please see Service Manual 118-119 or contact Tommie Rae @ 714-342-9671.
- Santa Barbara City College is seeking volunteers short-term to help get new AFG meeting set up Mondays @ 12:00. Once up and running, students will take the lead. Contact Tommie Rae for info @ 714-342-9671.
- Speaker Meeting Co-Coordinator: Assisting Coordinator, Pam G. with Speaker Meeting Activities - 2nd Saturday of every month. Contact Pam @ 805-698-2199 or email@example.com.