The thirty (30), or so, Al-Anon and Alateen meetings (in both English and Spanish) in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley areas make-up District 8. District 8 is part of Southern California World Service (SCWS) also know as Area 4.
Please read these notes during your meetings - do not read phone numbers. Please place this where members can get the information after meeting (this will take less than 2 minutes to read).
News for May 2021
- Online Payments
Group Representatives are to ask their groups their thoughts on accepting online payments if they have not already; the topic will be discussed at the May District meeting.
- Al-Anon / AA Convention with Al-Anon Participation
Group Representatives are to ask their groups if they would prefer that the District (i) host an annual Al Anon Convention, (ii) participate in AA's Convention (as we have in the past), or (iii) both.
- Returning to In Person Meetings
What information or support does your group need (if any) from the District as your group considers returning to an in-person meeting format? Is your group considering maintaining a hybrid format (i.e., keeping a virtual option)?
Open District Service Commitments
- District Alateen Coordinator
Organize events and activities related to the Alateen program, including Alateen meetings. Please contact Larry B., District Representative - 805-705-8787 (call or text) / LarryDRDd8@gmail.com.
- Al-Anon Member Involved in Alateen Service (AMIAS)
Seeking AMIAS(s) to host Alateen virtual meetings (Sunday night at 7pm). We are down to only one AMIAS in our district. Please contact Larry B., District Representative - 805-705-8787 (call or text) / LarryDRDd8@gmail.com.
- May 2021 Al Anon Slogan & Acronym Workshop - Seeking Volunteers
Workshop will be held over Zoom in late May. If you are interested in volunteering for a service position at the event or would be interested in sharing for 10 minutes on a favorite slogan or acronym, contact Kara - 512-608-2345 (call or text) / email@example.com.
- Convention Committee Members
To host or participate in conventions (as described in the Announcements section), we will need volunteers. Please contact Debra if you would be interested in serving on the Convention Committee. 805-259-5556 (call or text) / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google Calendar Coordinator
A member is needed to update the District's Google Calendar which is displayed on the District website. Knowledge of Google Calendar will be helpful, but not a requisite. If you are interested, please contact the District 8 Web Coordinator, Webmaster@AlAnonSantaBarbara.info.
- Saturday Speakers Meeting is held the second Saturday of every month at 7:00 PM; fellowship starts at 6:30 PM.
- ACYPAL (All California Young People in Al-Anon) - for recovery, unity & fun in service; email@example.com.
- Al-Anon Slogans & Acronyms Workshop on Saturday, May 22 at 7:00 PM.
- AMIAS recertification on May 12, 14, and 16.
- Please Report Group and Meeting Changes!
(cancellation, move to in-person, virtual, or otherwise) please fill out on-line form on our website: AlAnonSantaBarbara.info/Contact
Changes can take a week or more to implement, so please provide at least a 7-day lead time on meeting change requests.