The thirty (30), or so, Al-Anon and Alateen meetings (in both English and Spanish) in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley areas make-up District 8. District 8 is part of Southern California World Service (SCWS) also know as Area 4.
"Take Back to Meeting" for November / December 2023
- Marie encourages Al-Anons to attend the Beginners Meeting held on Zoom, Tuesdays at 6pm. There is a need for a meeting leader the 1st Tuesday of the month. Please contact Marie if you are interested.
- Please welcome Debra N. as the District's new Treasurer. Thank you to Linda, the District's previous Treasurer, for her years of service!
- A new Alateen meeting will be starting December 2, 2023 at the Turnpike Rd Church of Christ, 677 N. Turnpike Rd, Santa Barbara, CA. The meeting will be from 11-noon and welcomes all teens from ages 12-18.
- The district Zoom coordinators are requesting that each group train their Zoom hosts with the basics of hosting a meeting before reaching out to them. The coordinators are available for technical problems.
- If you are a member who holds a service position within the District and would like your personal phone number currently shown on the meeting directory changed to a google phone number (to maintain anonymity), please contact Mala once you have made that change. If you would like a google email instead of or in addition to a phone number, please contact Scott.
- Newcomer packets are available in both English and Spanish. Please contact Jeanne if your group needs to purchase these packets.
Open District Service Positions:
Public Outreach Coordinator - Help to carry the message of hope through local media and to professionals within our community. Please contact Alejandra if you are interested or have any questions.
Al-Anon Info Line Coordinator - Debra M has answered the info line calls for some time and would like to pass the service on to someone new
Al -Anon Events
- November 18, 2023, 9 am - 4 pm Southern California World Service Area Assembly meeting.
Website Change Requests
Website updates can take 7 to 14 days to implement, so please provide at least 7 to 14 day lead time on meeting change requests.